When you drive down the street in the 2018 Ford Edge you'll notice that everybody standing outside won't be able to help but stare as you drive past. Everything from the striking front grille, the fluid body shape, vivid and seamless lines, and a sleek roof come together to create a truly one-of-a-kind appearance that will demand attention from the moment you back out of your driveway. Even the wheels of the 2018 Edge have been designed to attract attention. With nine different wheel choices from sizes ranging from 18-inches to 21-inches, your 2018 Edge will easily become the epitome of style.
On the inside, the 2018 Edge continues to impress with a fine attention to detail everywhere you look. Available ambient lighting takes the interior of the Edge to a whole new level. When you need to set the mood, simply choose from one of seven different colours for the LED lights to produce. These lights are located in the front footwells, cup holders, centre console, and door handles. Another available feature on the 2018 Edge is the Panoramic Vista Roof®. This roof stretches from the front of the Edge to the back and allows everyone inside to enjoy the beautiful Alberta views.
Available Engines in the 2018 Ford Edge:
1. 2.0L Ecoboost - This engine is equipped with 275lbs or torque and is twin-scroll turbocharged, direct injection engine has robust low end torque and virtually no turbo lag.
2. 2.7L Ecoboost - With 315 Horsepower and 350 lbs of torque, this engine can handle almost anything you throw at it! Under the hood of the Edge sport is where you will find this engine, it is turbocharged with direct injection.
3. 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 - This optional motor on the SEL and Titanium has 280 horsepower and 250 lbs of torque. IT also comes with twin independent variable camshaft timing which helps deliver horsepower without losing any efficiency.
The Ford Edge has multiple trim levels to choose from in the lineup, here we briefly explain each one:
1. SE - This is the entry level Edge, if you are looking for Value this is where you find it. This model will have the lowest starting price but still come with some creature comforts like the Ford Sync system, a manual tilt telescoping steering wheel and a 6 manual way driver's seat.
2. SEL - Looking for a few more creature comforts? The SEL is your model. This model allows the ultimate flexibility in equipment with over 7 different Equipment packages like the SEL Sport appearance package.
3. Titanium - The ultimate in Luxury, the Titanium Edge is like no other. The Titanium comes with a standard 19" Nickel painted aluminum wheel and an option 20" polished aluminum these wheels will make a statement! If you love Technology in your vehicle look no further then the optional Technology package which includes navigation, integrated SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link with 5-year subscription.
4. Sport- The sport trim level gives you the ultimate driving experience in a Ford Edge, with its 2.7L Ecoboost it will put you back in your seat all while driving in style. Options include active park assist, 180 degree front camera, HID headlamps with auto high beams and many more!
Thanks to a multitude of standard and available technologies, the 2018 Ford Edge has the beauty and the brains. One of these features is the available Enhanced Active Park Assist. By using ultrasonic sensors located around the vehicle, the 2018 Edge is capable of detecting a parking spot in which it will fit. Once it has found a spot, all you'll need to do is cover the brake pedal, accelerator, and shift the gears as your Edge automatically parks itself. This feature is perfect for those who don't enjoy parking into tight spaces, or having to re-learn how to parallel park every time.
Also available on the 2018 Edge is a Lane-Keeping System. By monitoring your exact position on the road, the Lane-Keeping System is able to identify when you unintentionally drift out of your lane while driving. If you do begin to drift, your Edge will warn you with a series of vibrations in the steering wheel to imitate driving over a rumble strip. If, for some reason, you do not respond to the vibrating alert, the Edge can also apply steering torque to the necessary wheels in order to get your Edge back into the proper place. How does it know when you intentionally want to slide over? Simple, use your turn signal!