Categories: Winter Fun

What do I do with my Christmas tree after the holidays in Strathcona County? 

Christmas tree collection schedule for the Edmonton area 

The new year is here, and you might be wondering what to do with your Christmas tree after the holidays in Strathcona County. Sherwood Ford is here to help; scroll down to view a Christmas tree collection schedule for the Edmonton area, including Sherwood Park, AB, with commonly asked questions and answers. 

When does Christmas tree collection happen in 2024? 

According to strathcona.ca, the 2024 dates for Christmas tree collection run from January 8 through the 12, 2024, for residents that receive services from Strathcona County. Please note that collection days differ by location, and you don’t want to miss your collection day by thinking you can put your tree out on the last day. When your collection day comes around, have your tree outside by 7:30 AM. 

Edmonton also has natural Christmas tree collection from Monday, January 22nd, and every neighborhood is visited only once. Get your tree out by 7:00 AM on Monday if you live in the city to avoid being passed over.  

How do I prepare my Christmas tree for pickup? 

There are a few steps you should take to prepare your tree for collection day. These steps ensure that collection services will take your tree: 

1. Cut the tree into four-foot sections. 
  2. Remote plastic transport bags. 
  3. Remove all Christmas decorations and foreign materials. 
  4. Take the tree out of its stand. 

What if I miss my collection date for Christmas tree removal? 

You can drop off your tree at a Recycling Depot or an Eco Station in Edmonton. Visit edmonton.ca for more information on these locations. Broadview Enviroservice Station will also take your tree for free.  

Will tree collection take my artificial Christmas tree?  

No, artificial trees aren’t collected, but you can drop off your artificial tree at an Eco Station for a small fee. We also recommend donating it to a local charity or second-hand store if it’s still in good shape.  

Recent Posts

Where to go camping around Edmonton, AB

Top three campgrounds near Sherwood Park and Edmonton, AB  Sherwood Ford is here to help…

April 9, 2024

Whiskers and Wheels Roadshow and Adoption Event sponsored by Sherwood Powersports & Marine

Adopt an animal in need and support a good cause this May 2024  The Whiskers…

April 5, 2024

Fun events and activities happening in the Edmonton area in fall 2023 

What fun family activities are going on this fall near Edmonton and Sherwood Park?  While…

September 18, 2023

What outdoor recreation can I enjoy around Sherwood Park and Edmonton, AB?

Outside activities to enjoy with your family and friends  Are you looking for ways to…

June 8, 2023

Test drive for a cause this month at Sherwood Ford

During the month of June, you can take a test drive for a good cause…

June 1, 2023

The 2023 Edmonton MS Walk event recap

No one walks alone: Thousands turn out for the MS Walk  Below, we’ve provided a…

May 30, 2023