In the past 17 years, we haven’t had a new Ford Mustang Mach 1 model. After this long hiatus, we’re finally getting one, the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1. Many Mustang drivers are excited to greet the return of this epic model, with its high performance and stylish exterior. Below, you can learn more about the performance ratings, performance features, and exterior design of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1. Plus see all the standard equipment features and new packages available together with 2021 Mach 1 MSRP Pricing in Canada.
Performance ratings are a selling point for any Ford vehicle, but especially for a Ford Mustang. The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 is built for power, housing up to 480 horsepower beneath its hood. For torque, the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 is rated at 420 pound-feet at 4,600 rpm.
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 has taken some inspiration from the Mustang Shelby GT350, and it has even taken some parts from this similar model. With many engine parts taken straight from the Mustang Shelby GT350, the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 improves the parts’ engine oil cooling capability by 50 percent over the other model.
● Active Valve Performance Exhaust System w/Revised Tuning
● Black Painted Brake Calipers
● Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
● Engine – 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 (480 HP)
● Engine Oil, Transmission and Differential Coolers
● Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
● Heavy-duty Front Springs
● Incandescent Park / Turn Lamp
● Increased Top Speed (V-Max) to 168MPH (Manual only)
● Larger Radiator
● MagneRide® Damping System
● Unique Intake Manifold
● Open Air Induction System (AIS)
● Revised PCM Calibrations
● Transmission – TREMEC® 6-speed Manual (w/ Rev Matching)
● TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio
● Unique Chassis Tuning
● Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning
● Upsized Rear Sway Bar
As we said elsewhere on this page, the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 takes engine parts from the Mustang Shelby GT350. It’s Shelby-inspired engine is a 5 L V8 engine. Paired with that, the Tremec ™ 3160 6-speed manual transmission is the standard option, and it also comes straight from the Mustang Shelby GT350.
A second transmission option is the available 10-speed SelectShift ™ automatic transmission. While manual transmissions are preferred by many driving enthusiasts, automatic transmissions offer an easier way to shift gears with less driver involvement. You can make the choice between an involved driving experience or an easier one.
● 19” X 9.5” (F) 19” X 10” (R) Tarnished Dark-painted Low Gloss Aluminum Wheels
● 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 (R) (Summer Only) Tires1
● Bright 4.5” Exhaust Tip Finish
● Hood Accent Stripe Note: See Stripe Offering section for available colours
● Performance Rear Spoiler
● Side Stripe Note: See Stripe Offering section for available colours
● Unique Front and Rear Lower Fascia
● Unique Front Upper Grille with Pony
● Unique Lower and Outboard Grille
● 12” LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with MyColor®
● “Dark Spindrift” Aluminum Instrument Panel
● Illuminated Door-sill Scuff Plates w/Logo
● Mach 1 IP Badge with Unique Chassis Number
● Premium Floor Mats with Accent Stitch
● Seats — 6-way Power Driver with Power Lumbar — 4-way Power Passenger — Rear-Seat – Split-bench, folding — Colour-accented Cloth Seats Note: See Colour & Trim Availability section for seat colour information
● “Dark Spindrift” Aluminum Instrument Panel
● White Cue Ball Shift Knob
Other than performance, the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 will be known mostly for its exterior design. It is hard to miss the bold black accents that distinguish this model. Up front, the grille features a 3-D mesh, a shark-nosed section, and faux lamp elements. These features are all a nod to the original Mustang Mach 1 model.
The wheels of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 are also a modern twist on the original wheels. Now, the Mustang Mach 1 will be equipped with 19-inch, 5-spoke, Tarnished Dark-painted aluminum wheels.
● Active Anti-Theft System
● Mirrors, Sideview – Magnetic Caps, Heated, Integrated Turn Signal, Manual Fold, and Pony Puddle Lamp ● Silver Painted Strut-Tower Brace with Mach 1 Badge
● Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO)
· Mustang Mach 1 Premium (700A) is available – $2,000 MSRP
o Includes Premier Trim with Colour Accent Group, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Heated Steering Wheel
· Mach 1 Elite Package (67D) is available on Mach 1 700A – $1,650 MSRP
o Includes B&O™ Sound System by Bang & Olufsen (12 Speakers), HD Radio, Enhanced Security Package
· Mach 1 Appearance Package (54A) available on 700A – $1,350 MSRP
o Includes Ebony/Orange Interior, Unique Brake Calipers, Unique Exterior Hood and Side Stripe, Unique Front Seatback accent colour
· Red Painted Brake Calipers (18F) is available on Mach 1 600A and 700A -- $1,300 MSRP
· 19” X 9.5” (F) 19” X 10” (R) Magnetic-painted Aluminum Wheel (64S) is available on Mach 600A and 700A -- $495 MSRP
In Canada, the Mach 1 trim will start at $65,500 including destination fees, and make its way to Sherwood Ford in the spring of 2021.