One of the best perks of owning a new vehicle is being able to utilize the advanced technology features it offers. Before you can take advantage of these high-tech features, however, you must learn how they work. If you are wondering how to pair your iPhone 6 with the 2016 Ford F-150 SYNC 3 system, then you are in the right place.
7 Steps to connect your iPhone 6 to the 2016 F-150 SYNC 3 system via Bluetooth
- Make sure your ignition is on, your vehicle is in park, and your iPhone is turned on.
- Ensure your phone’s Bluetooth feature is on by navigating to Bluetooth via Settings and moving the toggle switch to the right.
- Touch the Phone icon at the bottom of your SYNC3 screen.
- Press the Add Phone button. The system will then begin searching for your phone.
- On your iPhone, the SYNC 3 system should show up under available devices. Select it.
- You may need to confirm a code that shows up both on your phone and on your SYNC 3 screen or enter a code from the SYNC 3 screen into your iPhone.
- Press Pair. A confirmation message will appear to let you know the pairing was successful.
You may also like: New technology features in the 2016 Ford F-150
Why should you pair your phone to your 2016 F-150?
Pairing allows your iPhone 6 the ability to wirelessly communicate with your F-150’s SYNC 3 system, and vice versa. It provides access to a number of available features, including:
- Automatic phonebook download
- SMS text messaging
- Transfer to privacy
- Basic AppLink connectivity
- Caller ID
- Call history download
- Bluetooth audio streaming
If you have questions about how to pair your iPhone 6 with the 2016 Ford F-150 SYNC 3 system via Bluetooth, feel free to contact our team at Sherwood Ford or get in touch with your local Ford dealer.