The current Ford vehicle lineup is regarded as one of the most technologically advanced on the Canadian market, thanks to its SYNC infotainment system. With this, you’ll be able to navigate, stream media, and even call your most important contacts with ease. However, there comes a time when you’ll need to upgrade your SYNC app’s software in order to get the latest and greatest tech inside your Ford model. So, today our Sherwood Ford team will show you how to update your SYNC App!
What you’ll need to update your Ford SYNC infotainment system
Before you begin the upgrade process, you’ll first want to download all software updates that you want onto a blank USB drive. This is an important component to note, as a USB drive with other data on it may negatively affect any updates that you apply to your SYNC system. With this in mind, let’s get started!
Steps for upgrading your Ford SYNC Software
- Start your Ford vehicle and keep it on throughout the update process – this will be needed to ensure that the process runs smoothly.
- Insert your USB drive into your Ford vehicle’s port. Then, press “Menu” on your SYNC interface.
- Scroll to “SYNC-Settings” and press “OK.” Next, scroll to “Install on SYNC” and also press “OK” when prompted.
- You’ll see a prompt that appears on your screen used to verify your SYNC update. Press “Yes” to continue. At this point, an audio message will play, and SYNC will reboot to start its update process. Expect this to last anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the installed file.
- Once completed, SYNC will notify you that all is well and that the system is rebooting. Once back online, verify the update by selecting “SYNC-Settings” -> “Systems Info.” You’ll see the latest version that you uploaded appear.
- Report your successful installation information to Ford to complete the update process.
Test drive a Ford vehicle with a SYNC Infotainment system at Sherwood Ford in Edmonton AB
If you have any further questions about Ford’s SYNC infotainment system and what it can do, be sure to contact our service centre. Otherwise, we carry many brand-new models that offer the latest version of SYNC, as well as other great features you’re sure to love. Give us a call to schedule a test drive!
You may also like:
What to do after your car key fob battery dies
Ford vehicles are built tough, but that doesn’t mean that some components aren’t indestructible through ...read more